Friday, January 14, 2005

Santa Monica Nissan

I finished work early today. Since I'm not far from the dealer and the small car is due for an oil change soon, I decided to get an oil change at Santa Monica Nissan.

The service department is not that busy, so they get mine started right away even without an appointment. Sam, the "service representative", told me that according to the mileage, I'm also due for a minor service for $75 instead of the $25 oil change. I think the tires need to be rotated anyway so I agreed.

20 minutes later, Sam called me:" based on your mileage, you need to balance the tire ($40) and do a $175 fuel injection flush." What? When I asked him what's included in the $74 minor service, he now told me that it's only the oil change, top off the fluids, check the brakes, rotate the tire, and basic lubrication. I just couldn't believe that they rotate the tire without balance it? And "according to mileage", why didn't he tell me in the first place? And since they are paid to rotate the tires, how come still charging $40 (w/ coupon) to balance it?

I shouldn't have agreed to even do the $75 minor service. What kind of oil change is it if they don't even check other part of the car? That's the least I would expect from a dealer. The take home lesson is that never go back to there again, and don't buy a Nissan.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home