Sunday, July 09, 2006

Zidane, France should be proud of you

Let's not saying anything else until someone read the lips of Materazzi from replay. France may not get the world cup this time, but Zidane is my hero.

I did like both semi-final games, but the 2006 World Cup fanal is more of a drama than soccer.

To finish off, let's hear what French President Jacques Chirac, who watched the match at Berlin's Olympiastadion, said (from BBC):

"I don't know what happened, why Zidane was punished. But I would like to express all the respect that I have for a man who represents at the same time all the most beautiful values of sport, the greatest human qualities one can imagine, and who has honoured French sport and, simply, France.

"It was really a matter of chance," he added on the result. "So it's not for me to console them. I have simply to express my admiration and respect."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home