Sunday, November 21, 2010

New iPhone 4

My T-Mobile/HTC Wing is dying and I eventually bite the bullet got a new iPhone 4 with a 1.5Gb data plan. It turns out one of the best phones I've got. It almost replaced my laptop for many occasions.

While playing with it, I'm also trying to get on the bandwagon of i-age. I'll be reporting some of the tips I learned on the way.

Today's topic is how to get your own ring tones in the iPhone. This is the part I really don't like Apple. It's just too much of a control freak here. Anyway, I found a very useful web site here. Basically, you need to load the ring tones (likely in mp3) in iTunes then convert them into Apple's AAC/.m4a format. Then manually change the extension to .m4r in Explorer. Then load them again in iTunes, which automatically recognized them as ring tones and save them into the ring tone folder. Of course you need to connect to the iPhone to upload it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home