Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Road rage


According to the driving style test, I am
an average safe driver, and
a aggressive driver, and
a courteous driver, and
a potential road rager.

Can these things go together on the same person?

At least the last statement is true. The first impression when I saw the results was that "I'm not aggressive enough."

Today, when I was driving at 80MPH in a 65 zone, a mid-aged woman in a white Grand Cherokee was tailgating me such that I couldn't even see its lights. My car is much lower than the Jeep, so she must have been less than one car length. Although in the fast lane, I didn't feel like I was particularly slower than anyone around me. So I slightly touched the brake to ask her backup off.

Well, she didn't.

I got a little annoyed.

The traffic was quite heavy and there's a huge semi on my right, there's no good chance to change lane. So I slowed down to 70MPH and then accelerated quickly so we got some distance inbetween.

Now the bxxx got excited. She turned on her high beam and got closer.

Then, she showed me the finger.

I returned the favor. I shouldn't have, but just couldn't help it.

After that, I slowed down more and changed to the right lane behind the truck.

She followed me with high beam on and the finger.

I pulled out my phone and took a picture aiming back. She saw that and took off at the next exit.

Drive safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home