Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 5: Shenzhen

The overnight train right was not as good as I had thought.  Waking up every hour or so.  In fact, my cabin-mates were pretty good.  It’d be me, if anyone, who opened the door all the time.

In the last two hours, I used the iPhone’s Personal Internet Hotspot through the USB (for security and saving power).  It was great till in the end when I tried to disconnect.  The iPhone hung and then crashed.  For about 15 minutes, I was afraid that the Gevey card would fry the iPhone for good.  And it’s the time I’d expect to call XP to pick me up.  After holding the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, it rebooted very slowly than normal. Eventually, it booked up and I was able to repeat the Gevey starting sequence to get it working again.

XP was late as usual.  I had to wait at the subway station for an hour.  Should have just taken a taxi to the hotel. After lunch, he went back to work and I met with ZY.  She hasn’t changed much from last time, must be 3-4 years ago. The weather was pleasant and we had coffee sitting outside of a Burger King (the Starbucks across street was full). 

In the evening, JH’s flight from Beijing was late.  XP and I waited and met up with him close to his hotel/office. ZY and her hubby also joined us later. It’s been quite an interesting chat. Will talk about that more later.  

outside a BK in           Shenzhen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home