Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 9: Xi'An break day

Break day in the hotel and two meals.

Today’s the break day. JD was scheduled to visit the Terracotta Warriors’ Museum in the morning and Shaanxi History Museum in the afternoon.  I, on the other hand, will stay in the hotel and relax and work on a few items.

In the morning, when I called him for breakfast, he said he might come down with a cold. I asked him to take a walk with me to a nearby local restaurant from breakfast.  Unfortunately it’s not open yet at 8am. 

I called CL from XDU to see whether they can delay the tour so JD can have some rest. Unfortunately he was already on the way so we decided to go out for brunch together. Obvious they went to “Fang Shang Ren” (坊上人) which is considered to be No. 1 restaurant for lamb soup in Xi’An. The one I wanted to go is better in tastes but not suitable for guests.  I didn’t insist.  It turned out that it’s pretty good already.  I wouldn’t tell the difference.  JD also had a good meal with lamb steaks.

After brunch, JD and CL went off to the Terracotta Museum only.  I stayed in the hotel.  It’s a very relaxing day and I needed it. 

In the evening, we went for dinner in a nearby restaurant with YQ.  He really took care of us very well and I was very impressed.

 

Lamb soup with small pieces of bread

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home