Friday, April 29, 2005

All my yahoo accounts have been upgraded to 1GB today

Thank you Gooooooooooogle.

Yahoo has been talking about it since early last month. About a week ago, one of my accounts had problem log on and after struggling for more than 8 hours, the capacity shows 1GB after the service become stable.

Who would need to store 1GB of e-mail? Google, Yahoo and alike bet on that only a few. So it actually doesn't cost them more than 20MB now for the 1GB they claimed. Back 15 years ago, I was also wondering who on the early need a hard drive more than 200MB other than showing off to other geeks? Now I have to keep watching the capacity of my 250MB drive every week.

Just last night, my boss asked my help on her e-mail. When she was moving messages from the server to the personal folder, Exchange crushed. It turns out that before Outlook 2003, the pst file has a limit of 2GB. When she reached that point, the PST can't be read anymore. After figuring out that, I have to use the Microsoft crop tool to fix it. Although she's the first person I know stores that much of e-mail, may be that's the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home